Bookmarks shared among desktop environments

Brad Hards bradh at frogmouth.net
Tue Apr 19 00:25:58 EEST 2005

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 06:40 am, Jamie McCracken wrote:
> Its nice to have notifications for bookmarks when they change (Nautilus
> already does this - so all nautilus windows have up to date bookmarks).
As Jakub pointed out, there are already a lot of tools to monitor changes, and
I'd be amazed if Nautilus wasn't already using at least one of them. However
I'd be surprised if it was the same one that KDE used. Why make both of them
use another mechanism just for bookmarks?

> Its also nice to have one api/system for all config/prefs which is the
> raison d'etre of DConf. A myriad of standards makes admin jobs more
> difficult.
I think that part of the problem is that you consider bookmark management to
be an admin job. I think it is a user job.

Brad