Icon themes

Andrew Conkling andrewski at fr.st
Sat Feb 12 22:36:10 EET 2005

Hi, I'm new to the list and didn't see a way to search, so forgive me if
anything is duplicated.

I've been working on a theme (Lila) which adheres to the FD.o specs, so
I've been catching wind of what those are, how to organise icons, etc.
I've also noticed that there is no general agreement on how to name
icons.  For example, a handful of apps that I use have play/pause/etc,
but some look for icon names of media-*, while others look for
stock_media-* or gtk-media-*, etc.

There seems to be no mention of a consistency in naming icons but that
seems like a nice thing to have.  Have I just missed this in searching
on the Internet?

Cheers,
Andrew