IM Protocols

Fabian Zeindl fabian.zeindl at gmx.at
Sat Jul 16 17:32:45 EEST 2005

seventh guardian schrieb:
> Yes and no. It would, if the alternative clients were a substancial part
> of the network. But the fact is that most of the clients active are from
> their proprietary companies (msn messenger for instance, from
> microsoft). So if the big giant moves to one side, the smaller ones can
> only follow or die..
> And the giant knows this, so it kind of bounces around hoping they
> indeed die. It's the monopoly's rules...

I understand your point, but I have no idea why it should be better to
have several "open" implementations of protocols against one unified
one. Isn't it easier to compete when they help together?

fabian

--
 ...The problem is all inside your head
 She said to me

I prefer signed/encrypted Mail:
Fingerprint: CFE8 38A7 0BC4 3CB0 E454  FA8D 04F9 B3B6 E02D 25BA