IM Protocols

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Sat Jul 16 22:09:11 EEST 2005

On Sat Jul 16 17:37:27 2005, seventh guardian wrote:
> But it would be very hard to convince the well established clients
> (like gaim, kopete or amsn) to basically revolve their guts to use
> the new libs. Even though, it would make things a lot easyer for
> new clients, so these new projects should want to support and
> maintain the lib. Others will eventually also follow..

I suspect that the likes of gaim might prove to be a good starting
point for finding such a library.

I vaguely recall hearing that at least one gaim developer was trying
to produce a relatively low-level unified IM library, but due to my
terrible memory, I can't recall who, or what status this reached. I
seem to recall it being a side project.

Maybe one of the gaim developers knows?

Dave.