Qt/GTK Skinning

Fabian Zeindl fabian at xover.htu.tuwien.ac.at
Mon Jul 25 15:40:51 EEST 2005

Just want to add another thing: From my (outer) point of view Freedesktop.org
is not only about making standards, but also to help unifying several things
on the GNU Desktop which overlap in 95% of meaning and functionality and are
only divided because of historical and/or political reasons.
This has nothing to do with attempts of killing the variety of free software
like "Merge KDE and Gnome".

I just think that many many users are fed up with having two different "looks"
on their desktop (me for example) cause this is from a users point of view
completely unnecessary and frustrating (two skins, two configurationfiles...)

The reason I wrote the mail was that AFAIK GTK3 is in planning and QT4.1 will
AFAIK undergo major changes too (Cairo support) so I thought that it would be
good for every side if devs are now thinking about this themeing-issue and not
when GTK-3 is out and like GTK2 completely "uncompatible" to QT-Themes (or
vice versa).

fabian zeindl

--
 ...The problem is all inside your head
 She said to me

I prefer signed/encrypted Mail:
Fingerprint: CFE8 38A7 0BC4 3CB0 E454  FA8D 04F9 B3B6 E02D 25BA