Qt/GTK Skinning

seventh guardian seventhguardian at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 18:32:19 EEST 2005

On 7/26/05, Philip Van Hoof <spam at pvanhoof.be> wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 00:45 +0100, seventh guardian wrote:
>
> > Well, I've got nothing new to add to this discussion, except one thing:
> >
> > Philip, you are always posting the same message twice. Please check
> > your mail settings to correct that. It gets pretty annoying.. Thanks!
>
> Somebody else asked me about this yesterday. So I'm guessing it's indeed
> a problem that's not just at his side (if you report the same problem).
>
> Note that I only have the problem with this mailing list. As an
> Evolution contributor I do use a CVS version of Evolution which might
> send messages twice, however, I noticed that the xdg-list footer gets
> added every time. So the second mail got send my xdg's mailman, not
> directly by my MTA or E-mail client to you.
>
> And I, personally, am not receiving the duplicates. Also note that the
> list archives aren't showing duplicates from me either.
>
> http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xdg/2005-July/thread.html
>
> I wonder whether the Message-ID header differs. Can you check that? I
> don't have the duplicates myself.

Sorry but I don't have the old messages.. I changed my list adress
from hotmail to gmail, as it was getting pretty full.. and deleted
them in the meantime.

> When I send messages to somebody personally or to myself, I'm not
> sending it twice. Nor is my MTA duplicating the messages. So I fear it's
> a misconfiguration at the MTA/mailman that handles xdg-list :-\

Don't know if you already changed something, but your last message was
only received once. So it's working alright again. Possibly it can be
due to gmail ignoring the second one, so I guess you still need the
report of someone from e.g. hotmail..