Working together (Was: D-Conf)

Philip Van Hoof spamfrommailing at freax.org
Sun Mar 6 15:23:00 EET 2005

On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 05:11 -0800, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> yes. other things will follow. developers and end
> users are both aware of the need for integration. by
> repeating this over and over you arent going to
> achieve anything more
>
> start with pieces you can design and code. work on one
> thing at a time instead of visionary statements

Sigh ..

I like to stress that these discussions are an attempt to get the
concept of a common configuration-system accepted.

The fact that it got a little bit off topic is not only because of of
me.

Once accepted, and this might supprise you, I'm planning to help with
development both the VFS and Conf layers. Thats, of course, just plans
I'm making. We'll see.

And I'm not/nolonger just making visionary statements. I want this to
happen and I'm willing to make it happen. Indeed. Piece by piece. I've
been discussion one such piece: the configuration system.

You're saying: Hey you're being to visionary. You should shut up and
code. To a guys who IS going to shut and code in a few minutes. In fact
while I'm typing these E-mails, I'm studying the code of GConf.

But if thats to visionary, I'll immediately close my development
environment and wait for the gods of piece-by-piece things to magically
make a shared configuration-system suddenly happen.

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org