Menu Spec: including files & absolute paths

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Mar 9 15:47:06 EET 2005

On Wednesday 09 March 2005 11:31, you wrote:
> > To solve this issue in a backwards compatible way I suggest to add an
> > argument to the <MergeFile> element that indicates that if the file that
> > contains the element is a file relative to
> > $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/$XDG_CONFIG_DIRS the same file further up the search
> > path should be merged instead of the file that is specified in the
> > <MergeFile> element. I propose to call this argument "parent".
>
> 	How about just <MergeParent/> ?

Well, yes, problem with that is that old code will not understand it all. The
question is of course how you would like your old code to fail: by not
including a parent menu at all, or by potentially including the wrong menu. I
think the latter will affect less people.

> 	Whatever we call it, I think we're all agreed we need it anyway :-)

If we can then now agree on a name we can move on :-)

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian at kde.org   |   Free Novell Linux Desktop 9 Evaluation Download