Requirements and pre-analysis for a cross desktop configuration infrastructure

Philip Van Hoof spamfrommailing at freax.org
Thu Mar 17 22:33:39 EET 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-17 at 18:49 +0000, Martijn Dekkers wrote:

Oh boy.. I'm going to regret the fact that I posted this.

:-)

Well, this is a overall architectural design that I (we) have in mind
and that illustrates how to scale the idea 'D-Conf' over multiple
computers.

Please do note that this just mindsharing. It's not yet the real thing.
It's playing with boxes and lines in dia. (Don't take this drawing
serious -- in fact I/we haven't even read much about ACAP --)

I (we) have also already wrote down some API like the structs and the
functions and the D-BUS things for using between the different systems.
But I'm not going to post that to avoid flamewars about something that
isn't event decided. In fact, nothing is decided .. a.t.m. it's just
playing with idea's. Trying to know/get informed about what people are
doing with desktop-application configuration. So, and btw, your post was
very useful.

--
Philip Van Hoof, Software Developer @ Cronos
home: me at freax dot org