menu-spec: Excluded items are Unllocated

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Mon Mar 21 12:29:00 EET 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 23:36 +0100, Heinrich Wendel wrote:
> On Friday 18 February 2005 17:09, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
> > 	I just went ahead and committed ...
>
> I don't think your commit to test 2 is correct. Glines i not allocated
> (excluded by PuzzleGame rule) and thus should show up in Others, shouldn't
> it?

	No, that's what this whole thread was about - we changed the behaviour
so that items which match an <Include> rule but later match an <Exclude>
rule are still considered "allocated" for the purposes of
<OnlyUnallocated/>.

	So, e.g. we added

"
Note that an entry that is included in a menu but excluded again by a
later <Exclude> is still considered allocated (for the purposes of
<OnlyUnallocated>) even though that entry no longer appears in the
menu.
"

	to the text of the spec.

Cheers,