system and desktop VFS merged

Diego Calleja diegocg at teleline.es
Thu Mar 31 23:36:58 EEST 2005

El Thu, 31 Mar 2005 22:11:32 +0200,
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> escribió:

> Anyway.
> As it seems you have a far superior API in mind which both fullfills the needs
> of the currently used VFS implementations _and_ is also applicable to those
> standard file access apps, I am wondering where you have it posted.
>
> Currently only Sean seems to be the only one putting concrete suggestions
> online.

*shrug*. I guess the key diferencial factor here is a cultural difference which cant be solved
easily. The fact that I don't think that "posix is not enought" (posix is quite crappy in many
ways but hey, it _can_ implement what people wants here) seems to be a key issue,
It's not the first time though, I guess I should start to get used to the fact that people
thinks in really weird ways...