[PROPOSAL] Desktop Bookmarks

Emmanuele Bassi ebassi at gmail.com
Tue May 10 12:12:18 EEST 2005

On 5/10/05, David Faure <dfaure at trolltech.com> wrote:
> On Monday 09 May 2005 18:06, Emmanuele Bassi wrote:
> > The draft of my spec is located here:
> >
> > http://devel.emmanuelebassi.net/papers/bookmark-spec.html
>
> Why isn't this based on XBEL, with custom metadata for the additional fields?

I am aware of XBEL, but I was searching something a little more
lightweight and more desktop-specific, to be placed lower on the
dependency stack (my current implementation does not require an XML
parser library, by using the Glib's markup parser).

I just extended the recent files spec a bit to solve some of the
issues that have emerged during the time it has hit applications and
desktop users, and tweaked it to solve the desktop bookmarks issue.

Regards,
 Emmanuele.

--
It is against the grain of modern education to teach children to program.
What fun is there in making plans, acquiring discipline in organizing