SystemTray "Undock"

Stefan Walkner walkner.stefan at sbg.at
Thu May 26 23:13:38 EEST 2005

hello,

I hope I got the right mailing list - if not - please tell me where I can find
a solution.

I followed
http://standards.freedesktop.org/systemtray-spec/systemtray-spec-0.2.html and
was able to create a systray and receive events etc.
But now I'm not able to remove the systray (on runtime - and perhaps send a
new dock request and show the tray again...).
I also read the http://www.freedesktop.org/Standards/xembed-spec where the
lifecycle should end by sending a ReparentNotify event. But I'm not able to
do so.
I had a look in various implementations (xfce-systray, xchat-systray) but I
couldn't find the solution.

I would really appreciate if someone could post the solution for me or even
link to the part of the specification or somewhere on the interenet where I
can find a solution...

thanks very much in advance,
stefan walkner