Fwd: Can't find a theme that follow Icon Naming Specification

Rodney Dawes dobey at novell.com
Sun Nov 6 19:52:47 PST 2005

Tango is currently the only theme which follows the naming
specification. True, that it has few MIME type icons. However,
the MIME icons are a rough spot in the spec to begin with. Tango
is also not going to be a complete theme with an icon for every
possible MIME type. It is going ot have generic type icons only.

We need to figure out a way to do fallbacks to the generic names
for the MIME types and icons. The current methods for determining
the icons and fallbacks are pretty sub-par, as are the current names
for such icons. Would be nice to start getting all of that worked out
as well, to go along with the naming spec.

Would be nice if we could change all the MIME types too, but I don't
think that's as doable. :-/

-- dobey