Remove Tango-artists mailinglist from FreeDesktop.org

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Mon Nov 7 16:27:43 PST 2005

Am Montag, 7. November 2005 22:16 schrieben Sie:

Hi Pat,

> Sure, this is the distros' work. But if they can have a mechanism in
> place (via the naming spec) so that there aren't three copies of every
> icon, and a sample implementation (like Tango) from which to get ideas,
> is it really not a positive thing freedesktop, and specifically, xdg?

I 100% second your point here. The naming spec fits perfectly on fdo and is a
big help for the Linux desktop them designers.

But  the naming spec is not in any way related to Tango except that Tango
happens to use it.

If only the Tango project would limit itself to calling "we are a sample
implementation building upon a fdo standard" instead of giving the impression
that Tango is standardizing both the common look and the naming spec of
desktop themes.

Regards,
-- martin

--