Last Tango in fdo (was Re: Tango, Or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Desktop)

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Wed Nov 9 06:20:04 PST 2005

I see good reasons for fdo to be willing to host almost any sort of
desktop project that needs a home.  I don't see that hosting a project
on fdo gives any sort of up front "imprimatur" to the outcome of any
project.

Since almost any project with whatever goals may or may not succeed and
we can't predict in advance which will or will not succeed, we have to
distinguish between those we believe have widespread acceptance and
credence and those that don't (or might someday, or never will) in any
case.  And this distinguishing of projects should be primarily driven by
what is getting widespread deployment in the community.
				Regards,
					- Jim