Desktop theme directory

Albert Chin xdg at mlists.thewrittenword.com
Wed Oct 5 06:20:41 PDT 2005

Dunno if this is the correct list for this question.

It seems there can only be one desktop theme directory. I looked at
gtk/gtkrc.c from gtk+-2.6.8 and gtk_rc_get_theme_dir() returns the
path to the top-level theme directory. The default theme directory is
$gtk_install_prefix/share/themes. We install GTK+ and GNOME to two
separate directories so searching for the "themes" directory in
XDG_DATA_DIRS would be helpful. I reviewed the "XDG Base Directory
Specification" and it doesn't say anything about desktop theme
directories. For now, we've hacked gtk_rc_get_theme_dir() and set
GTK_DATA_PREFIX accordingly.

--
albert chin (china at thewrittenword.com)