C library for XDG?

Raul Suarez suarez2018 at rogers.com
Sat Oct 22 18:54:47 PDT 2005

Hi,

To the point:
Is there a C library for working with the xdg
standards similar to python's pyXDG?

Now the long explanation:

I am planning to enable support for XDG menus for a
very light distro called puppy
(http://www.puppylinux.com).

The Live CD (53 MB) does not come with Perl or python
so the existing solutions are not an option.

The default window Manager is JWM
(http://joewin.net/programs/jwm) which does not have
support for XDG. I've contacted the developer and he
would be quite happy if I find/create a solution.

Puppy also supports IceWM, fvwm95, flubox, Xfce as
extra installs, I would like to use the same library
for all the WMs that don't already support the
specification. (Xfce supports it partially).

I studied the specification and started creating the
library when it dawned on me that maybe someone is
already working on it. If that's the case I would
prefer to contribute to that effort than to dupplicate
it.

Any pointers related to my questions will be
appreciated.

Thank you,