Desktop Entry Spec : RootRequired entry

Vincent Untz vuntz at gnome.org
Sat Sep 3 20:54:09 EEST 2005

Le vendredi 02 septembre 2005 à 15:41 +0200, Jasper Huijsmans a écrit :

> >>I think this could be indicated in the description/title. Why should the
> >>menu system care about this?
> >
> > [SNIP]
> >
> >>I don't really see the need for 3). Would you handle that differently
> >>than (1)?
> >

> > If the menu system knows that the user isn't authorized to use the root
> > account, ithe menu system should hide it because it doesn't make sense to
> > show such entry.
> >

> Ok, that would be nice. How can a menu system know this though?

This is not in the proposed change to the spec since, right now, this
would really depend on the distribution.

Manu gave an example with the USER_IS_ADMIN environment variable, that
would be set at the start of the session by a distribution-specific
script/program. But it's just an example, and not part of the proposed
change.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.