Copyright of the desktop configuration specification (careful, here be dragons)

Jim Gettys jg at freedesktop.org
Wed Sep 28 16:47:33 EEST 2005

Note that the LGPL also has problems for specs: say I'm writing code to
an MIT license; should I not be able to cut and paste quotes from a
standards document to explain my code?

I suspect that free specification licenses need to be non-infectious as
they represent interoperability points between systems.
				- Jim