all-in-desktop

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Apr 6 11:11:13 EEST 2006

Benjamin Rich wrote:
>> We ended up concluding that $HOME and Desktop are two different
>> things.
>
>But why should they be?

Home is where everything I have is.
Desktop is where stuff I am working on is.

This is the simple analogy to the physical objects.

Besides, as I said, we have had this discussion in the KDE community some
years ago. And we decided that Home and Desktop are two different things.
I don't think we'll be switching away from that.

  thiago.macieira (AT) trolltech.com     Trolltech AS
    GPG: 0x6EF45358                   |  Sandakerveien 116,
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C          |  NO-0402
    966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358          |  Oslo, Norway