Autostart on logout

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue Apr 25 14:38:04 EEST 2006

On Tuesday 25 April 2006 12:22, Mike Hearn wrote:
> On Sat, 22 Apr 2006 10:15:40 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> > Some people are asking for ways to start some commands on logout (like,
> > eg, removing all files in a directory).
>
> Hm, what happens if such a program tries to interact with the user?

I think that is a different stage of the shutdown process.

Such programs would be running within the full session, while the command
Vincent means are things for jobs that are potentially not even possible
while other applications of the session are still running (unmounting media
the user has mouted during the session, removing temporary files, etc)

In KDE this kind of shutdown programs are run at the very end of startkde,
right before it exits

Maybe there is some kind of session manager interaction for the applications
you imagine.

Cheers,
Kevin

--