Multiple Desktops and the Menu Spec

Bastian, Waldo waldo.bastian at intel.com
Thu Jul 27 19:50:48 EEST 2006

The spec currently doesn't support that. Having different
applications.menu files seems to me the easiest way to achieve this. I
suggest to change the spec a little and introduce an environment
variable that contains the name of the applications.menu file. Something
like XDG_MENU=kde-applications.menu with applications.menu as default.

Must be a bit careful how to phrase it because it shouldn't affect the
default merge dir.

Waldo Bastian
Linux Client Architect - Client Linux Foundation Technology
Channel Platform Solutions Group
Intel Corporation - http://www.intel.com/go/linux
OSDL DTL Tech Board Chairman