Multiple Desktops and the Menu Spec

Travis Watkins alleykat at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 10:12:29 EEST 2006

> If the standard was going to do something similar, I would suggest that
> we install the menus for a DeskTop in: "/etc/xdg/menus.<desktop>/".  We
> should also have a: "/etc/xdg/menus/" directory for files to merge to
> all DeskTops.

Why not just put all the stuff in applications.menu and do something like this:
<Menu><Name>Foo</Name><Directory>Foo.directory</Directory></Name></Menu>

And Foo.directory has: NotShowIn=GNOME; or NotShowIn=KDE;.

Wouldn't this give us one .menu file and separate menu layouts?

--
Travis Watkins
http://www.realistanew.com