Menu-spec update (Was: [Patch] Update 'How to' to clarify computation of datadir)

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Tue Mar 21 19:45:11 EET 2006

On Friday 10 March 2006 21:45, Jeremy White wrote:
> The attached patch specifies that a system wide
> installation should compute datadir by using the
> first writable element of $XDG_DATA_DIRS
> (or sysconfdir from the first writeable element
> of $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS), as previously discussed.
>
> The spec is clearly lacking, so I request that this
> either be applied, or a clear alternate be suggested.

I have updated the menu-spec based on your suggestions but without taking
either $XDG_DATA_DIRS or $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS into account.

See http://standards.freedesktop.org/menu-spec/1.0/apc.html

Please let me know if it is acceptable as is to everyone.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Linux Client Architect - Channel Platform Solutions Group - Intel Corporation