Menu-spec update

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at
Wed Mar 22 13:12:14 EET 2006

On Wednesday 22 March 2006 11:25, Francois Gouget wrote:

> I will note that it does have a provision for the case where /usr/share
> is not writable and suggests to write to /usr/local/share in that case.
> But I cannot see when one would be able to the latter without being able
> to write to the former since both are usually owned by root.

Well, at least Debian seems to have /usr/local owned root.staff and group
I checked with a couple of friends to be sure that this isn't a local
modification of mine.
Since my current user is in group staff I can "make install" into the default
prefix /usr/local without being root.

Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at>
Qt/KDE Developer, Debian User
Moderator: (German),