Exec in .desktop (was Re: Security issue with .desktop files revisited)

Francois Gouget fgouget at codeweavers.com
Wed Mar 29 16:50:56 EEST 2006

Vincent Untz wrote:
> On Tue, March 28, 2006 11:32, Francois Gouget wrote:
>
>>Not even. First KDE, at least, lets you specify multiple commands
>>separated by semi-colon so you could drop the 'sh -c':
>>
>>Exec=/usr/X11R6/bin/xeyes;/usr/X11R6/bin/xeyes
>
> Wow. Does the spec allow this?

I believe that at one time I saw something that said the content of the
Exec line must be in the same format as for 'sh -c' or that it was
executed using 'sh -c' or something to that effect. I'm not sure where I
saw that and I may be confusing this with something else. The specs
would need combing to be sure.

I will also note that using '&' instead of ';' did not work. And also
that this issue of what's allowed on the Exec line is an interesting
point in its own right, but not particularly relevant to the issue at hand.

--
Francois Gouget
fgouget at codeweavers.com