simple search api (was Re: mimetype standardisation by testsets)

Lennon Cook maguswizardo at
Mon Nov 27 02:00:58 EET 2006

"James \"Doc\" Livingston" <doclivingston at> wrote:
> This is actually the perfect example of why using mime-types for this
> won't actually work: the mime types for Ogg Vorbis files and M4A files
> are application/ogg and video/quicktime respectively, which are also
> the mime types of video files in the same containers.
shared-mime-info 0.18 (Ubuntu dapper) identifies vorbis as
'audio/x-vorbis+ogg' and theora as 'video/x-theora+ogg'.

Lennon Victor Cook
"He who receives an idea from me receives without lessening, as he who
lights his candle at mine receives light without darkening" -- Thomas