DocSearchEnabledDefault undefined [was Re: Help System Spec]

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Tue Oct 31 22:31:20 EET 2006

On Tuesday 31 October 2006 16:51, Don Scorgie wrote:
[...]
> Hopefully, this won't disappear into the ether and instead something
> will come of it.  Any feedback and comments much appreciated.

It's not defined why DocSearchEnabledDefault should be used, so it's unusable
as is. That is, can the user use that key without taking a particular
implementation into account? Doesn't look like so from my reading.

My gut feeling is that it should be left out. Either that, or
define "searching". Something I wouldn't like to do ;-)

Here the problems with that Desktop files didn't re-use XML shines through:
with XML it would be possible to specify custom keys in an interoperable way.
For example, search hints for a specific implementation could be supplied.

Cheers,

		Frans