shared-mime-info translation

Bastien Nocera hadess at hadess.net
Tue Apr 17 07:56:22 PDT 2007

Hey Albert,

On Sat, 2007-04-07 at 00:27 +0200, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> Hi, seeing as KDE is going to switch to shared-mime-info for KDE 4.0 i started
> to have a look at how its translations are handled.
>
> http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/shared-mime-info states
> "This database is translated at the translation project."
> The problem is that
> http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/translation/registry.cgi?domain=shared-mime-info
> shows
> "The current template for this domain is shared-mime-info-0.17.pot"
> while latest release is 0.20

What's that website about? It's certainly not related to freedesktop.

> Then i had a look to the cvs and
> http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/mime/shared-mime-info/po/
> has some po that seem to be updated in parallel to the translation project,
> for example
> http://webcvs.freedesktop.org/mime/shared-mime-info/po/nl.po?view=log
>
> So i'm puzzled, how is shared-mime-info translated?

People grab the sources/CVS, and generate translations. Then they send
the pot file to one of the maintainers, or attach it in bugzilla.

At least that's my understanding of the current process.

Cheers

--
Bastien Nocera <hadess at hadess.net>