[Inkscape-devel] Window Manager Modifiers

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Mon Aug 6 15:56:13 PDT 2007

On Mon, 06 Aug 2007 21:29:05 +0200 Sven Neumann <sven at gimp.org> babbled:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 21:21 +0200, Claes H wrote:
>
> > For this reason I think the main distinction for who should listen for
> > Alt should be between alphanumerical chars and non-alphanumerical
> > chars. That seems to solve the majority of cases.
>
> The most problematic case is use of the Alt modifier in combination with
> a mouse drag (and optionally other modifier keys). That's what graphics
> applications such as Inkscape and GIMP need most.

and it's also what wm's need most. wm's seem to have, by force of numbers,
taken it for themselves, so i guess the apps need to use meta, super, hyper
etc. or find a way to not NEED many modifier + mouse combinations.

apps are free to use ctrl+alt+mouse or alt+shift+mouse, ctrl+shift+mouse, shift
+mouse, ctrl+mouse (and then any other combos of meta, super, and hyper with
mouse too in addition to these).

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com
裸好多
Tokyo, Japan (東京 日本)