[XESAM] Search API Update Proposals

Jos van den Oever jvdoever at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 13:49:02 PDT 2007

2007/8/7, Thiago Macieira <thiago at kde.org>:
> I'm not following the discussion, but I can help you with the question
> about Qt.
>
> Can someone explain what you're expecting to do?

We return hits from xesam as a 'aav' at the moment. The first array is
indexed with the hit number, the second index is the field number. The
field numbers are defined by the caller by giving in a 'as'. The 'v'
is the value in a field for a particular search hit.

Since DBus does not have 'null' we are looking for a workaround. The
proposals now are:
 - use 'bv' instead of 'v' where b = 0 means NULL
 - use 'v' and say that if type == 'byte' and value == 0 we mean NULL,
regardless of field type

Cheers,
Jos