[XESAM] Search API Update Proposals

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Aug 7 15:29:33 PDT 2007

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen wrote:
>> > In any case, we're discussing null types in D-Bus itself. This will
>> > probably require a new major message version...
>>
>> So using the 'correct' 'bv' is faster. That is interesting. Especially
>> since quite a few NULL fields may appear.
>> So i am still in favor of 'aa(bv)'
>
>Is this really true? We need to parse the Variant no matter what...
>
>Hmmm, in any case this is  binding dependant.

If you have a flag saying "nothing to see here, move along", why are you
looking into the variant anyways?

Anyways, that's a feature of QtDBus: it skips parsing into variants until
someone tries to read it. And since no one will, it'll never be parsed.
It'll just be skipped over.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358