Category for a desktop tool needed

Rodney Dawes dobey.pwns at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 10:11:40 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-08-09 at 17:53 +0200, Philipp Thomas wrote:
> * Vincent Untz (vuntz at gnome.org) [20070809 10:53]:
>
> > > | Desktop  | Desktop management         | Utility, Settings or System  |
> >
> > Hrm. I'm wondering if Core would be enough for what you want.
>
> Nope :( I need a primary and a secondary category otherwise the .desktop
> file isn't accepted.

How would adding a new secondary category solve your problem here?
Utility, Settings, and System are all primary categories. Perhaps we
need a "Service" category for things like this, which are really some
type of desktop service.

This would also solve the "Accessibility" "issue" that Stanislav brought
up in his mail, wanting a category for "something that provides an
additional service, but isn't a standalone app 'window'".

-- dobey