Releasing fd.o specs as a tarball

Adam Jackson ajax at
Thu Aug 23 07:21:18 PDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 16:33 +0200, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm considering creating a tarball with the fd.o specs (well, not all,
> but the ones that make sense - to be defined ;-)). This way, they could
> be packaged and shipped in distributions, and displayed in devhelp, etc.
> Any opinion on this, or on how to do this?

I did this once, long ago.  Nothing really came of it, but the set of
specs might be useful information. See:

The surrounding threads are entertaining discussion.  I highly recommend
avoiding treating this project as anything other than documentation of
de-facto standards.  Definition of a platform is a wholly other (ugly)

- ajax