A directory for color profiles

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Tue Dec 11 06:24:21 PST 2007

Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
>> Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 13:18:49 -0700
>> From: James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org>

> What concerns do you see with recursive directory scanning?

The only issue is what should be done when there are two profiles with
the same name in different subdirectories which are not identical.

It is really the same issue as with icons (and other things): what do we
do if two apps try to put something with the same name in the same
place.  We really need to address that issue and although in this case
requiring all apps to use an appropriate subdirectory will solve the
problem, this won't work for icons.  So, if we develop a general
solution (some of VFS), we should probably use it here as well.

--
JRT