Freedesktop.org specifications implementations in Java (LGPL2)

Henry Jen henryjen at ztune.net
Mon Feb 5 10:47:55 EET 2007

> Hello,
>
> I have implemented some of the freedesktop specs in Java :
> http://www.freeasinspeech.org/index.php/Freedesktop_Specifications,
> because I needed them for another Java project.

Hi Sekou,

I am quite interested in such a project, as myself is considering doing
the same thing.

Will you consider move the project to java.net to get more visibility?

> My "problems" are :
>  - I use the "Freedesktop" name,
>  - every libraries use the "freedesktop-" prefix,
>  - every classes are in the org.freedesktop.SPEC_NAME.* package.
>
> Is that ok for me to use the freedesktop name for these specs
> implementations ?

I hope it is OK. IMO, this would be best.

> I've got absolutely no problems with giving the code to Freedesktop.org
> as long as it stays LGPL2.

I think in order to use org.freedesktop.*, it would be better to get
some sort of acknowledgment from freedesktop.org. Sort of like host the
project here.

One example is the D-Bus Java binding.

If there are enough interest, maybe it worth an umbrella project for
Java bindings for different specs.

Cheers,
Henry