shared wasabi implementation

jamie jamiemcc at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Feb 16 06:29:00 PST 2007

On Fri, 2007-02-16 at 21:59 +0800, Fabrice Colin wrote:
> On 2/16/07, jamie <jamiemcc at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> > Our requirements (because we are a metadata database as well as an
> > indexer) are probably much different to the others (EG we would need the
> > new metadata names along with their types and properties).
> >
> > we want desktop files over xml specifically for il8n translations of
> > metadata names (I assume the existing mechanisms for this are easier
> > with desktop files)
> >
> > We would also use these to register new services to be indexed (EG like
> > Tomboy Notes and they would specify a directory to be watched and an app
> > name to use to index them)
> >
> Is this documented somewhere ?

nope - we plan on implementing this in the next few weeks so will spec
it out as we go along

for services we would probably want the following for a file like
tomboy.service:

[Servie]
ServiceName=Tomboy
ServiceNameLocale= translated name of service
ServiceType=Notes

[Indexer]
DirectoriesToWatch = $HOME/.tomboy
Exec = tomboy-indexer %1

[UI]
Icon=notes
ViewerExec=tomboy %1

[ThumbNailer]
Exec=

In addition to the above we would need a tomboy.metadata file to specify
any custom metadata (like Note:Title, Note:Body, Note:Date etc)

jamie