User State Data

Ivan Čukić ivan.cukic at gmail.com
Fri Feb 23 09:58:15 PST 2007

Hi everybody,

As a project of the Season Of KDE 2006, I have created a program for migration
of the user state data (application configuration files and data such as
e-mail messages, chat history etc.)

This would be more than useful to have on most desktop environments and for
the most of the applications that are being used by the free world today.

What I want to ask is whether this could become the part of the FreeDesktop.

Some more info:

The program itself is divided into the library and gui for kde4 so easing the
making of the gtk2 (or any other) port of the gui...

There are two types of the configuration files - one for the data location of
the resources for each application, and one containing the localization
information for application and resource names and descriptions formated as
an .desktop file.

Cheers,
Ivan

--