[Wasabi Proposal] XML desktop query language

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 04:34:02 PST 2007

2007/1/16, Jean-Francois Dockes <jean-francois.dockes at wanadoo.fr>:

> Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen writes:
> > I uploaded my first draft of a XML query language proposal for the
> Wasabi
> > desktop search spec.
> > [skip]
> > Feedback urgently needed. Cheers,
>

> I have to admit that the example requests make more sense for me than the
> xsd file :)

Hehe, I also had to learn to speak schema to write it :-)

> - About distance also, you may want to say things like:
>          (caudal or dorsal) prox vertebra
>    I am not sure that this is allowed by the current
>    definition. (Ref: [CQL]).

is this not equivalent to:

<or>
  <proximity>
    <property name="body">
    <string>caudal</string>
    <string>vertebra</string>
  </proximity>

  <proximity>
    <property name="body">
    <string>dorsal</string>
    <string>vertebra</string>
  </proximity>
</or>

? The Xapian query compiler would probably optimise this to " (caudal or
dorsal) prox vertebra" - but I hjonestly don't know anything about that...

Cheers,
Mikkel