Patch: additionnal categories for menu-spec

Stanislav Brabec sbrabec at suse.cz
Mon Jan 22 04:25:05 PST 2007

Frederic Crozat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> following my initial proposal last september, I'd like to add the
> following secondary categories to menu specification :

I have had a problem to find correct category for these types of
programs:

1) Desktop Publishing (both DTP and Color Management applications).
it is not WordProcessor, it is not VectorGraphics, it is not FlowChart
it is not Photography, 2DGraphics seems to be vague, too).

I propose new category
Publishing (Graphics or Office)
or as an alternative
DTP or Publishing (Graphics or Office) and ColorManagement (Graphics)

2) Special hardware health monitors (e. g. UPS monitor, temperature
sensors). There is only HardwareSettings (these applications cannot set
anything) and Monitor (which is relatively far from hardware).

Proposed category
HardwareMonitor (Settings or System)

or more generic
Hardware or HardwareSupport (Settings or System)

--
Best Regards / S pozdravem,

Stanislav Brabec
software developer
SUSE LINUX, s. r. o.                          e-mail: sbrabec at suse.cz
Lihovarská 1060/12                            tel: +420 284 028 966
190 00 Praha 9                                fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic                                http://www.suse.cz/