Scanner infrastructure in freedesktop

Donald Straney burntfuse at gmail.com
Sat Jan 27 07:38:32 PST 2007

> AFAIK, SANE is not designed for video stream, only capturing image from
> video device.

Hmm, well if we make sure the overhead is as low as possible, maybe it
could be used for video too.  Otherwise, it seems inconsistent to have
two very different APIs for capturing images in different ways,
especially since with some devices, like webcams, the line between
making it take pictures and capture video is sort of fuzzy.  I don't
know much about how video capture is done in Linux, though, so I could
be completely wrong.

Donald Straney