FUSE needs a way to set "hints" for file-management

Mildred ml.mildred593 at online.fr
Wed Jul 11 17:37:12 PDT 2007

Le Tue 10/07/2007 à 21:50 Claes H à écrit:
> I also think the xattrs suggestion is good, technically. Probably it
> will not be feasible until you can count on the file system of the
> user's home directory having xattrs available. This seems to take its
> time. My gut feeling is that we can never count on this unless it is
> made a requirement in LSB, unfortunately...

I think this is the way to do that ?

Since the fuse filesystems can set extended attributes, (even if the
uderlying filesystem don't support these) I don't see how it coud be a
problem.

Fuse filesystems that want to add this feature would simply add a
system extended ttribute to the root.

Mildred

--
Mildred       <xmpp:mildred at jabber.fr> <http://mildred632.free.fr/>