emblem-symbolic-link

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Jul 16 16:50:26 PDT 2007

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> Not to sound flippant or dismissive, but... who cares?

You do sound flippant and dismissive. :-D

> It's already how it is, so why make extra work for something that's
> purely an implementation detail that end-users won't see anyway?

As a retired EE, I have to tell you that your attitude is not conducive
to a standards making process.  And please note that on KDE that users
do see the names of the icons every time they select an icon.

> If it's necessary to expand the use of emblem-symbolic-link for other
>  types of links, this can be noted in the description in the icon
> naming spec.

This is version 0.8.  This means that it is expected that changes will
be made before 1.0 is released.

I listed two proper ways to do this -- ways that comply with the spec.
If you think that the current name is correct, and that my suggestions
do not follow the spec, then please comment on that.

--
JRT