[XESAM] Ontology snapshot

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 05:55:29 PDT 2007

I just want to sum up the discussion from last night on #xesam.

We discussed the recent proposal of having Category and Source be single
valued fields that both imply the meaningful fields on an object.

This to (some extend) requires us to have multiple inheritance for
categories (not necessarily all fields, just the category defs and the
category field).

To ease the query expansion on the servers each Category will have a
property "abstract" that if true implies that objects can not be assigned to
this category. In the standard xesam spec non-abstract cats are just the
leaf nodes of the cat tree, but third party extensions might invalidate this
invariant, so we have to go with the abstract property designating the role
of the cat.

Given this, MI where accepted by all parties on IRC (jamie, evgeny, jos?,
and yours truly).

Cheers,
Mikkel