New Version of the Clipboard Specification

Havoc Pennington hp at redhat.com
Tue Jun 19 08:49:28 PDT 2007

Hi,

Pompei2 wrote:
> I know that with toolkits it's easy, but my problem is I want to
> implement the copy/paste function in a game, thus using no toolkit :)
>
> I think my only choice is to take a look at qt/gtk sourcecode, right ?

That and read over the ICCCM, assuming you want to spend all your time
hacking on Xlib lowlevel gunk instead of your game ;-)

You can surely use a toolkit, it doesn't mean you have to use the
buttons and entry boxes, but you can use it to create a toplevel window
and do things like clipboard. Then paint the game in a custom widget
inside the toolkit window. You'll save yourself a whole lot of headaches.

Havoc