org.freedesktop.PowerManagement

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 14:50:20 PDT 2007

I want to restart discussion on the previously discussed session power
management interface: org.freedesktop.PowerManagement

I'll outline something rough (and similar to what is already being used
in gnome-power-manager) and we can argue / discuss about names or
features.

If we get the obvious bits sorted, then we can work on descriptions, API
subtleties and that sort of thing.

== Methods ==
void Suspend (void)
void Hibernate (void)
void Reboot (void)
void Shutdown (void)

gboolean AllowedSuspend (void)
gboolean AllowedHibernate (void)
gboolean AllowedReboot (void)
gboolean AllowedShutdown (void)

int GetBacklightBrightness (void)
SetBacklightBrightness (int)

boolean GetLowPowerMode (void)
boolean GetAcState (void)

string GetDescription (void)
string GetIcon (void)

== Signals ==
int BrightnessChanged
boolean AcStateChanged
boolean LowPowerModeChanged
string DescriptionChanged
string IconChanged

The inhibit stuff, the statistics stuff (and any other crazy random
stuff) can wait until later, I would really like to standardize on
something, so we can get some sort of standard sorted.

So please comment, and then when we have something concrete with all the
key people involved we can take this to a separate mailing list.

Thanks,

Richard Hughes