org.freedesktop.PowerManagement

Rodrigo Moya rodrigo at gnome-db.org
Fri Mar 30 04:21:24 PDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 23:30 +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 00:25 +0200, Holger Macht wrote:
> > People want to disable gnome power manager on usual desktop systems.
>
> I would disagree with this quite strongly. g-p-m on a desktop loads
> hardly any modules at runtime (less CPU and memory use) but still
> controls DPMS and Inhibit control.
>
> Lots of desktops suspend and hibernate. I've never told anyone to
> disable g-p-m on a desktop on a desktop...

yeah, and in those that don't suspend or hibernate, you don't realise
it's there, since it hardly takes any resources and doesn't show any
icon on the screen.

So, apart from machines with very low resources, I can't think of a good
reason to want to uninstall g-p-m for a GNOME desktop. And the same goes
for kpowersave.
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo at gnome-db.org>