org.freedesktop.PowerManagement

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 04:59:34 PDT 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 13:35 +0200, Danny Kukawka wrote:

> Why the hell should reboot (for example) be powermanagement (what e.g.
> in a
> XEN system where the reboot is more virtual)? This is not
> powermanagement
> this is may some kind of systemmanagement.

I'm not sure what Hell has to do with this discussion.

What's the logical difference between calling /sbin/shutdown and pulling
the power cable out of the back of the machine? Nada.

System management is so wide a description, I'm not sure it's helpful to
compare specific power management tasks with system administration.

Richard.