org.freedesktop.PowerManagement

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Fri Mar 30 08:47:36 PDT 2007

On Friday 30 of March 2007, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 16:00 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:

> >  Uhm ... g-p-m is that little process called gnome-power-manager for
> > which Exmap after GNOME startup claims 2MB of memory used solely by it?
> > Yeah, right, that's surely considered hardly any resources these days and
> > the ability to reboot is well worth it.
>
> Well, you could contribute to the discussion, or bash GNOME
> applications. g-p-m uses a lot of libraries, and loads only the gobjects
> for the hardware you have on your system. Try compiling without DPMS and
> see the memory reduction.

 That's not bashing, that's reality. I'm not going to recompile anything,
because first of all that's a strange way of quitting something I don't need
and second it's not going to help anyway (unless your DPMS implementation
needs 1MB heap). KPowersave is not different, that's part of today's reality
as well. There are good reasons not to run either of them.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SUSE LINUX, s.r.o.   e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org
Lihovarska 1060/12   tel: +420 284 028 972
190 00 Prague 9      fax: +420 284 028 951
Czech Republic       http//www.suse.cz